Get Service Hours From Home!
Looking for a great way to get service hours while you’re staying home due to COVID-19 precautions? We've got you covered!
Teens in grades 7 - 12 can volunteer a variety of ways for the library! Doing any or all of the options listed below can earn you hours:
- Teen Blog Post: Your Voice Matters! Write a short blog post for White Oak Blogs about an issue you're passionate about.
- Book Reviews: Tell us about your favorite book(s) to be featured on our blog/on library displays.
- Video posts: create a video to help promote the library!
- Video Review: Watch any White Oak Library District Youtube video and write a mini review that is at least three sentences long.
- App Review: Write a review and rating for any app that you use and earn 2 hours of volunteering. Submit an app review here: https://tinyurl.com/teenvolunteringappreview
- Artwork Submission: Create artwork of varying medium that are library themed, book themed, or fandom themed that may be posted on White Oak Library’s Social Media. Take a picture and send it to the library! Email Artwork Submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Librarian Pen Pal: Email any of the teen librarians with questions, concerns, recommendations for books, programs ideas, or just to say hi!
- TAG Survey: The Teen Librarians want to here from you! Let us know what you want to see at the library! Your input Matters! Watch as we input your ideas into action! Each time you submit the survey earn 1 hour of volunteering! Submit the survey located here: https://tinyurl.com/y44jgv7n
- Act of Kindness: 2020 was a hard year and while 2021 is a bit better, we all need to do more Acts of Kindness. Did you help a sibling with school work, help your grandma with her new phone, did you do something nice for someone? Tell us all about it!
- Nature Guide: Take pictures of wildlife and share your experiences with the teen librarians, or draw your favorite wildlife. Take a picture and tell us where you spotted your wildlife!
- Anime Reviews: Tell us about your favorite anime and earn 1 hour of volunteering! Anime reviews could impact the Teen Librarian's decision in buying Manga for the Library. It can be any anime or anime movie that you have watched. Submit the survey located here: https://tinyurl.com/tvvanimereviews
- Virtual Escape Room Feedback: Earn 2 hours of volunteering by doing any of the White Oak Library District's Virtual Escape Rooms and providing us with feedback! Click here for feedback form: https://tinyurl.com/VirtualEscapeRoomFeedback
- Video Posts: Record a short video about your favorite book(s), why you love the library, or any other library-related video. Be creative. Do it alone or with friends. If you choose this option, you and everyone in the video must submit a form with parent's permission before emailing the video to email@example.com. If approved, the video will be used to promote the library on social media. Please limit your video to 5 minutes maximum. TikTok videos are encouraged. Appropriate content only. If you can't show it to your parents, you should not submit it. Earn three hours of volunteering per video.
Questions? E-mail Faith Healy at firstname.lastname@example.org.