Learn About eBooks
The White Oak Library District is pleased to partner with OverDrive to offer free downloadable eBooks and audiobooks that patrons can enjoy on all major computers and devices, including iPhones, iPads, Nooks, Android phones and tablets, and Kindles. All you need to get started is an internet connection and a library card.
If you need further assistance getting started enjoying your free eBook and audiobooks you can contact a librarian and they will be happy to guide you through the process.
- You'll need your White Oak Library District card and a device with an Internet connection.
- Don't have a library card? Get one today.
Browse the Collection
- Go to OverDrive.
- Browse or search.
- Search by title, author, or subject
Create an Account
- To check out items, you must sign in.
- You will be asked to locate your home library.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your library card number.
- Click on a cover image to see more about a title.
- Click Borrow to check out an item.
- Borrowed items will appear under "Account," along with items in your wishlist.
- Within the app, the eBook will begin to download automatically.
Check Out and Hold Limits
- You are able to checkout 15 items at a time.
- You can have 30 holds active at a time.