Get Service Hours From Home!
Looking for a great way to get service hours while you’re staying home due to COVID-19 precautions? We've got you covered!
Teens in grades 7 - 12 can volunteer a variety of ways for the library! Doing any or all of the options listed below can earn you hours:
- Teen Blog Post: Your Voice Matters! Write a short blog post for White Oak Blogs about an issue you're passionate about.
- Book Reviews: Tell us about your favorite book(s) to be featured on our blog/on library displays.
- Video posts: create a video to help promote the library!
- Video Review: Watch any White Oak Library District Youtube video and write a mini review that is at least three sentences long.
- Artwork Submission: Create artwork of varying medium that are library themed, book themed, or fandom themed that may be posted on White Oak Library’s Social Media. Take a picture and send it to the library! Email Artwork Submissions to email@example.com
- Librarian Pen Pal: Email any of the teen librarians with questions, concerns, recommendations for books, programs ideas, or just to say hi!
- TAG Survey: The Teen Librarians want to here from you! Let us know what you want to see at the library! Your input Matters! Watch as we input your ideas into action! Each time you submit the survey earn 1 hour of volunteering! Submit the survey located here: https://tinyurl.com/y44jgv7n
- Act of Kindness: 2020 was a hard year and while 2021 is a bit better, we all need to do more Acts of Kindness. Did you help a sibling with school work, help your grandma with her new phone, did you do something nice for someone? Tell us all about it!
- Warm Fuzzies: Do you know someone you think deserves a spotlight? Is there someone amazing in your life who deserves more praise? Tell us about that person in 3 or more sentences. Explain who they are and why they are amazing! That person could be featured in a White Oak Library blog or Social Media Post!
- Nature Guide: Take pictures of wildlife and share your experiences with the teen librarians, or draw your favorite wildlife. Take a picture and tell us where you spotted your wildlife!
Questions? E-mail Faith Healy at firstname.lastname@example.org.