Join an in-person or online book club!Because the way the library delivers services has drastically changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, make sure you check the online events calendar for dates, times, and locations. Some of our libary staff led book clubs meet in-person and via Zoom.
Book Clubs Led by Library Staff
- Crest Hill Branch: True Crime Book Club
- Lockport Branch: Real Reads Non-Fiction Book Club & Tuesday Morning Book Club
- Romeoville Branch: Books & Beer Book Discussion Group
*Dates and times may change due to holidays or other scheduling changes. Check the online events calendar for dates and times.
Pinnacle Library Cooperative Online Book Club
Pinnacle Library Cooperative* has partnered with PBC Guru to create a virtual book club for patrons and the community covering lifelong learning, personal growth, fiction, non-fiction, and other genres participants are interested in. The book club will connect through a private forum where all participants can discuss the current book and network with each other.
- The book club will read one book every two to three months, so you’ll have plenty of time for each book.
- There are no membership or subscription fees. Joining the book club is completely free!
- As a Pinnacle Library Cooperative cardholder you will have access to download an eBook of each reading selection for free!
- Non-library cardholders can join the book club at no cost but are responsible for obtaining a copy of the selected books via their preferred vendor or method
Make your plan for how you will get our first book. Pinnacle Library Cooperative cardholders will have access to an eBook through Freading for each book selection. All other participants or library patrons who prefer a different format can search for a copy of the book through their home Pinnacle library website, or can obtain a physical copy through their preferred provider/retailer.
Learn more about this online book club at White Oak Blogs.
*What is the Pinnacle Library Cooperative?
The Pinnacle Library Cooperative is a collaboration of the following libraries:
- Fountaindale Public Library District
- Joliet Public Library
- Lemont Public Library District
- Plainfield Public Library District
- Shorewood-Troy Public Library District
- White Oak Library District
This cooperative holds an impressive amount of library materials. In fact, our six library organizations collectively hold over 1,340,000 items. These libraries are geographically connected and have a long history of working together to provide the very best service to our patrons.