Learn About eBooks
The White Oak Library District is pleased to partner with OverDrive to offer free downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines that patrons can enjoy on all major computers and devices, including iPhones, iPads, Nooks, Android phones and tablets, and Kindles. All you need to get started is an internet connection and a library card.
If you need further assistance getting started enjoying your free eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines you can contact us and will will be happy to guide you through the process.
Getting Started Using Overdrive's Libby App
The Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library!
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), or Windows 10 device. Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card. Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you're on Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Loans, you can:
Tap Read With... to choose whether you'd like to open a book in Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or Libby.
Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return. Happy reading!
For more help with Libby, visit help.libbyapp.com.
- Download the one sheet Getting Started with Libby Guide.
Getting Started Using Overdrive
- You'll need your White Oak Library District card and a device with an Internet connection.
- Don't have a library card? Get one today.
Browse the Collection
- Go to Overdrive.
- Browse or search.
- Search by title, author, or subject
Or use Overdrive with the instructions below
Create an Account
- To check out items, you must sign in.
- You will be asked to locate your home library.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your library card number.
- Click on a cover image to see more about a title.
- Click Borrow to check out an item.
- Borrowed items will appear under "Account," along with items in your wishlist.
- Within the app, the eBook will begin to download automatically.
Check Out and Hold Limits
- You are able to checkout 15 items at a time.
- You can have 30 holds active at a time.