Your 24/7 Virtual Library
CURBSIDE SERVICE WILL START MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2020
Beginning on June 1, 2020 we will be launching a curbside pickup service. This service will be available Mondays – Thursdays from 12:00 noon to 7:00pm, and on Fridays and Saturdays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. So any time after noon on Monday June 1st you may call the library and ask for materials to be gathered for you to pick up curbside, or you may go online and place holds on the items you want and as they become available you will be notified and can come in to pick them up curbside. Please note: For the safety of all involved and in order to minimize the use of personal protective equipment such as gloves, for the foreseeable future all returns of materials must be done via our outdoor book drop slots. We will not be taking returns from cars at the curb.
ALL THREE BRANCHES TO OPEN TO THE PUBLIC MONDAY, JUNE 8, 2020
Beginning Monday June 8th all three of our branch libraries will open to the public and return to normal hours. As per the District’s COVID-19 Response Plan, we will be limiting the number of people in each gathering area of the library to 10 people or fewer during Phase 3. Staff will be coordinating this.
During Phase 3, anyone aged 2 years or older must be properly wearing a mask or face covering in order to enter our libraries. No one under the age of 13 may enter one of our libraries without being accompanied by a parent or guardian.
You can read the full details of the plan here.
Any items that you had checked out before the quarantine and were not overdue will automatically have their due dates extended until June 8th, and no fines will be assessed.
Please note, due to the potential of cross contamination and for the health of our staff, any items returned to the library's drop boxes may not be checked in and removed from a patron's account for several days after the date they were returned. Rest assured, we will get to these items as soon as we can safely do so and of course, we will not be charging any fines in these situations!
Even though we are closed, we encourage you to utilize all of our online resources:
- NEW! During this pandemic, Ancestry® has made it possible for library card holdrers to access Ancestry® Library Edition from home! (Previously, you could only access from within our Branches). Follow these steps:
- 1. Login to your library card account
- 2. After logging in, click the blue link that says "Ancestry Library" to go to the Ancestry® Library Edition where you can search genealogical records.
- Find, checkout, and read E-books
- Avoid Fake News! Research Topics with our Librarian Approved Online Databases
- Check your Account and Renew your Items
- Explore our Community Resources
- Information on COVID-19 can be found here
- Virtual service hours for teens